10 tips to emerge stronger from the corona crisis
Communicating, optimizing & improvising
Hotels are being hit hard by the current corona crisis. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. To help hotels we give ten tips in the field of digital hotel marketing. By working on this, hotels can take advantage of it. Especially in this difficult time.
- Work on your website, improve the content such as texts and photos. Make sure everything is spick and span. You can easily do this yourself with a content management system.
- Communicate clearly what measures you take in your hotel. Offer possibilities to change reservations (free of charge). Reassure guests, follow RIVM guidelines and state this clearly on your website, pre-arrival e-mails and reservation confirmations.
- Make it as easy as possible to get in touch with your guests. Many potential guests sit at home, visit your website and have questions. Use tools that make it easy for you to communicate. We now offer a guest messaging tool free of charge. Please contact us for the possibilities.
- Offer gift vouchers. We have helped several clients install a gift certificate tool. Don't expect gold mountains, but this way you can generate some revenue.
- We expect a substantial increase in domestic tourism. Respond to this, for example, offer suitable packages. Think of breakfast in bed, dinner in the room/balcony, picnic basket or the use of an (electric) bicycle.
- Do not dump prices, but offer extras and flexible conditions. Show clearly what the advantages are of direct reservations. Some OTA's have reacted wrongly and unilaterally during this crisis. We expect potential guests to be more inclined to make reservations directly through your website.
- Think about a marketing campaign to deploy as soon as the rules are more flexible. We like to think along with you. Collect e-mail addresses and communicate clearly with a campaign when you are open and/or bookable again.
- Don't pause your online marketing activities. Make sure your remarketing lists are filled. At the moment, many people are orienting themselves towards outings and (short) holidays in their own country.
- Be creative. For example, rent your rooms to homeworkers or offer vouchers (at a discount) for packages later this year.
- Upgrade your website to a new Porter Hotel Website. With low one-time setup costs and a clear subscription, no major investment is required and you will quickly have your perfect marketing tool for generating direct reservations.
Do you have any questions, or do you need assistance in the field of digital marketing or effective hotel webdesign? Please feel free to get in touch.
Get in touch